Sometimes, all you need are a few little details to imagine something bigger. This round is inspired by a classic board game with a cast of colorful characters, but for SASO your only limits on "who", "where", and "with what" are what you can imagine (and the SASO fandom list, of course)!
Please read this whole post before commenting to ensure that your team gets the most points possible. (There are changes from last year!)
- Submit prompts by commenting to this post with the format of a Clue mystery - "[character] in the [location] with [item]", along with any ship/ot3/etc. from one of our nominated fandoms.
- Example: Sawamura Daichi in the teachers' lounge with the Hello Kitty! lunchbox
- The person in your prompt MAY be a member of your ship, but is not REQUIRED to be part of your ship. They must still be a named character from a SASO-nominated fandom.
- Your place must be a physical location, not a state of being or a state of being. However, this location is not required to be real, nor must it be from the same setting as the characters.
- The "item" used must be a physical object that the character can hold or manipulate.
- Unlike the board game, your prompt is NOT required to imply murder. The scenario implied can be anything at all! (As always, please tag properly!)
- Your prompt MUST include some kind of relationship. Platonic relationships are indicated by an "&" between the names (e.g., Natsuo & Yuzuko). Non-platonic relationships use "/" (e.g., Natsuo/Yuzuko). Please don't say "Any pairing," either!
- Fill prompts by replying to the prompt with your Clue-inspired fanwork.
- Remember to follow the general bonus round rules, outlined here.
- Here is a prompt/fill index for your convenience.
FORMATBonus round shenanigans all happen in the comments below. Brand-new works only, please.
Required Work Minimums:
- 400 words (prose)
- 400px by 400px (art)
- 14 lines (poetry)
Format your comment in one of the following ways:
|If PROMPTING:||If FILLING:||If FILLING as a TEAM GRANDSTAND participant:|
|PROMPT: TEAM [YOUR SHIP]
||FILL: TEAM [YOUR SHIP], [RATING]
||FILL: TEAM GRANDSTAND, [RATING]
Posts not using this format will be understood to be unofficial discussion posts, regardless of what they contain. They, like all comments in this community, are subject to the code of conduct.
If you see anyone breaking the code of conduct (e.g., causing drama, being rude) anywhere (not just DW), please contact the mods immediately.
SCORINGThese numbers apply to your team as a whole, not each individual teammate. Make as many prompts/fills as you want!
For prompts: 5 points each (maximum of 50 prompt points per team per round)For fills:
First 4 fills by any member of your team: 20 points each
Fills 5-10: 15 points each
Fills 11-20: 5 points each
Fills 21-50: 2 points each
Fills 51+: 1 point each
All scored content must be created new for this round.
Etc.If you're hunting through the prompts looking for what to fill, a good trick is to view top-level comments only (see the line of links below this post).
Have a question? Check The FAQ first. If you still need help, feel free to contact the mods. Happy fanworking!