The goal is in sight, participants! Let's finish strong by drawing upon the thousands of fanworks you've created this summer and putting them in new lights.
Please read this whole post before commenting to ensure that your team gets the most points possible.
- Choose a fanwork created by other participants in a previous main or bonus round of SASO 2017 and create a new piece based on it. You could create a fanart of another work, an FST inspired by a piece’s style, a podfic of someone else's work, retell another person’s fanfic from another point of view, create a new fanfic inspired by a great piece of art... go wild! Sequels do count as remixes, with limits: "And then the same thing happened again" is not ok, but "And then some totally new thing happened" is fine, and please don't create only sequels.
- You cannot remix your teammates' works. You cannot remix your own works. You can remix fills that were created to your own prompts.
- You can remix a remix, but if we see any remix chains we'll be upset, so do this with moderation and restraint.
- You must have permission from the original creator. There's a blanket permissions post here (feel free to add yourself to it!), or you can leave a comment on their original post asking for permission.
- You must include the dreamwidth link to the original work in your post.
- Since all fills are based on previous works, there will be no prompts for this round. Simply post your fill as a comment in response to this post.
- Remember to follow the general bonus round rules, outlined here.
FORMATBonus round shenanigans all happen in the comments below. Brand-new works only, please.
Required Work Minimums:
- 400 words (prose)
- 400px by 400px (art)
- 14 lines (poetry)
- 8 tracks (fanmixes)
Format your comment in one of the following ways:
|If FILLING:||If FILLING as a TEAM GRANDSTAND participant:|
|FILL: TEAM [YOUR SHIP], [RATING]
||FILL: TEAM GRANDSTAND, [RATING]
Posts not using this format will be understood to be unofficial discussion posts, regardless of what they contain. They, like all comments in this community, are subject to the code of conduct.
If you see anyone breaking the code of conduct (e.g., causing drama, being rude) anywhere (not just DW), please contact the mods immediately.
SCORINGThese numbers apply to your team as a whole, not each individual teammate. Make as many prompts/fills as you want!
For prompts: 5 points each (maximum of 50 prompt points per team per round)For fills:
First 4 fills by any member of your team: 20 points each
Fills 5-10: 15 points each
Fills 11-20: 5 points each
Fills 21-50: 2 points each
Fills 51+: 1 point each
All scored content must be created new for this round.
Etc.If you're hunting through the prompts looking for what to fill, a good trick is to view top-level comments only (see the line of links below this post).
Have a question? Check The FAQ first. If you still need help, feel free to contact the mods. Happy fanworking!